Specializing in Challenging Infertility Cases
Couples sometimes come to our Xenith Advanced Fertility Clinic discouraged because they have undergone an IVF cycle or several IVF cycles elsewhere without success. They begin to wonder whether it is in their destiny to have a child of their own. They often come to us as a last resort in a last-ditch effort to try once again, hope once again. There are no guarantees in IVF treatment but here’s why we often succeed where other clinics do not.
Xenith specializes in challenging infertility cases. We are able to do this because:
- We conduct a comprehensive fertility assessment of both partners. We often uncover what other fertility clinics may have missed out.
- Our procedures are highly advanced using the latest research and technology. We are better able to offer treatment options that give couples the best chance of success in every IVF cycle.
- Our entire team is dedicated to providing you whole-hearted support and to seeing you achieve pregnancy success.
What kind of women are more likely to face challenges in IVF treatment?
There could be many reasons for IVF failures such as the quality of the embryo, age of the eggs, lifestyle factors, embryo selection methods, embryo transfer techniques, and IVF lab factors are just a few. With IVF itself a complex process, it becomes even more challenging with women who have pre-existing medical conditions such as:
- Diabetes can decrease fertility in both men and women. Pregnancy is still possible through strictly controlled blood sugar levels and a healthy body weight.
- Women with cardiovascular disease such as coronary heart disease, hypertension with co-morbid conditions such as obesity need to be strictly monitored during the ovarian stimulation process. A pre-pregnancy risk assessment may be conducted to evaluate whether the candidate is fit for IVF treatment or whether surrogacy would be a better option.
- Obesity plays a major role in fertility. Women who are overweight generally suffer from hormonal imbalance. Not only does obesity lead to other diseases such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, dyslipidemia, and gallbladder disease, but it also can lower reproductive rates. Such patients are usually recommended to lose weight before starting the IVF treatment. If this is not possible, strict monitoring and regular consultation with a panel of experts in cardiology, endocrinology and other specialists are required.
- Thyroid functions are directly related to reproductive health. The good news is that a thyroid dysfunction is usually treatable. Good control over thyroid functions can result in better IVF treatment outcomes.
Other pre-existing conditions can also make IVF treatment challenging such as hyperprolactinemia, epilepsy, or thromboembolic conditions.
How do we achieve higher IVF success rates in the most challenging cases?
Not all fertility clinics conduct comprehensive tests up-front like we do. With the comprehensive results from these tests we are able to tell you at the outset what your chances at a successful pregnancy are and what needs to be done prior to the cycle to increase chances of success. There may be some issues that you may need to be addressed before you begin an IVF cycle so that there are more chances of success.
Our panel consists of qualified reproductive endocrinologists. There is a difference between fertility specialists and a reproductive endocrinologist. A reproductive endocrinologist is a certified doctor who has undergone rigorous training in the field through a series of selective and competitive programs and works under regulatory bodies within governmental and medical oversight. In contrast, a fertility specialist may have experience in the field but no real degree behind the title. It is easy to see why a reproductive endocrinologist would have better insight into fertility issues and therefore your chances of pregnancy success rates are that much higher. We also have separate departments looking into specific infertility issues like male infertility, fertility enhancing surgeries etc.
In case of pre-existing conditions, we work and collaborate with expert doctors in the field. You can be confident and at ease because we are monitoring and regulating your pre-existing conditions so that they are under control.
We make sure you have a supportive environment. In a survey, women undergoing IVF treatment were asked what the hardest part of the journey was, a survey revealed that a majority of the women felt it was the emotional demands of the treatment required. The highs and lows became familiar with each IVF cycle but the “wait” seemed to get harder and harder. Repeated IVF failures can seem like your emotions are tested to the limit. Facing infertility issues can take a toll on other aspects of life as well. Our team of experienced counselors help each couple cope at every stage. We understand the IVF procedure is not merely a clinical exercise but it is an emotional journey as well.
The embryology lab is the most important place in an IVF clinic. We have our own modular IVF labs with the most advanced state-of-the-art equipment. Our in-house, experienced embryologists ensure quality control protocols are in place to improve pregnancy rates.
Visit us at Xenith Advanced Fertility Clinic and see our facility for yourself. Meet the team of qualified doctors and experts.