Is It Possible To Have Healthy Pregnancy At The Age Of 40 To 45?
Most women reach menopause around the age of 40 to 45, but that is not a conclusive indication because unless you remain without periods for 12 successive months, you are likely to have a pregnancy. Since every woman is different in terms of health they may approach menopause at an early stage or even after 45. Nevertheless, on a, by and large, scale attaining pregnancy naturally at the age of 45 or more is far more difficult, although possible by fertility procedures. Getting pregnant at this age involves risks and it is worthwhile to take extra precautions in order to have the best results.What Are The Chances Of Getting Pregnant At 40 To 45?
Therefore attaining pregnancy at the age of 40 to 45 is an altogether different experience compared to the pregnancy experience in the 20s or early 30s. A woman in her 30 plus age has a 20% chance of getting pregnant in any given month. But as she turns 40 years the possibility of conceiving dwindles by 5%. Further at her age of 45, she has only one percent chances of attaining healthy pregnancy with her own eggs.
In short, if you are seeking a baby after the age of 35 and if you are not able to get pregnant for six months despite having intercourse without any contraceptives, it is better to consult the fertility specialist. This means that it's hard for many women to get pregnant naturally at 45. But the possibility cannot be ruled out because of assisted reproductive technology in which IVF using donor plays a major role to increase the chances of pregnancy to the extent of 75%.
However, the woman seeking motherhood needs to undergo certain tests to get her ovarian reserve assessed properly and to know whether she stands a chance of becoming a mother at the age of 45. At Xenith, we have a complete facility available to conduct advanced fertility-related tests to help the women seeking motherhood at an advanced age.A Quick Look At The Risks Involved In Late Pregnancy
There are higher risks involved in late pregnancy, especially in respect of the health conditions of a woman. They are:
- High blood pressure
- Gestational diabetes
- Caesarean delivery
- Placental issues where the cervix is covered by the placenta. This is known as placental previa.
- Ectopic pregnancy where the embryo is implanted externally.
- Higher chances of miscarriage.
- Limitations in uterine contractions which is very much necessary to push the baby out.
- At this age it becomes harder on the body to lose baby weight and restore the body shape.
- It is not only for the mother, but the baby also stands to have an increased risk of life.
Here are some important tips for a healthy pregnancy at an advanced age.
- Visit your doctor before you plan to conceive and make yourself completely sure whether your medically fit and healthy to have a safe pregnancy.
- Visit your doctor regularly, during the pregnancy period and follow his / her advice completely.
- Follow your doctor's recommendations for required medical tests, screening, and medications from time to time in order to ensure a safe pregnancy.
- Ensure that you are taking a healthy pregnancy diet, as per the doctor's advice.
- Make sure that you are taking prenatal vitamins daily.
- Make sure you have proper water intake in order to stay hydrated.
- Make sure that you are gaining proper weight to sustain the burden of pregnancy.
- Get rid of bad/unsafe habits like smoking, consuming drugs, or alcohol.
- Perform the regular exercise as per doctor's advice, at least for half an hour every day.
- Make sure that you are vaccinated as per doctor's advice.
- Be attentive to the indications of preeclampsia and other complications related to pregnancy.
- Pay attention to the baby kicks beginning from the 28th week and count them.
Surely, there are certain pregnancy-related challenges when you are in your 40s. Interestingly, however, the number of women becoming mothers at this age is on the rise. They are taking recourse of Assisted Reproductive Technology. With proper medications and care during the prenatal stage, there are good chances of having a successful pregnancy and getting rewarded with a healthy baby. This is indeed a heartening and encouraging scenario for many wannabe mothers who are 40 plus in age. For such women Xenith is one of the Best IVF Centers in Pune & Pimpri Chinchwad to Consult with.