- Have ovulation problems and are undergoing ovulation induction, especially when timed intercourse has not succeeded.
- Are unable to have appropriately timed intercourse due to travel problems or in cases of sexual dysfunction.
- Have mild male factor infertility.
- Have unexplained infertility.
- Are women using donor sperm.
- Have been unsuccessful with infertility medication alone or with other treatments
What is Intrauterine Insemination IUI)?
IUI is a technique in which sturdy sperm are sifted out from flaccid ones and later the washed sperm are placed into women’s uterus during the time of ovulation. Before the IUI treatment commences, it is usually mandatory to undergo a Tubal Patency Test to ascertain whether the fallopian tubes are open.
This method is particularly beneficial for the couples whose infertility problem is unexplained and ambiguous. This technique is also used when men can’t ejaculate in their partners’ vagina due to various reasons ranging from psychological issues, impotence, vaginismus or anatomic problems. It is also useful in couples with mild problems in the semen of the male partner.
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
At XENITH, known as one of the best IVF and advanced fertility centre in Pune, we focus on building a strong relationship with patients. The discovery of infertility can be a shock and infertility treatments can be a confusing ordeal. We understand this and make the patients well aware of the situation and treatments that are planned ahead. To read more about IUI and know the procedure, read on below.
1When is IUI recommended?IUI is often recommended for women or couples who:
2Preparing for an IUI procedure
3Are there any downsides to IUI?